Friday, May 25, 2012

Mama said there'll be days like this.

I hate the way I feel today. One of those days where every time you turn around the kids are doing something else they shouldn't be. I don't want to have to say "get that chair out of the planter" one more time. One of those weeks when Andrew seems to working more than he is not, the kind where I can't phone him because he is in meetings all the time. The month when all my plans seem to dissipate faster than quietness I desperately grasp at. The kind of day when I cannot make the phone work; offices are already closed, line are experiencing unusually high volume so please stay on hold, calls that go straight to the answering machine. Days when everyone seems to be ignoring me.

And I could stay there, I could dwell on it and make myself more miserable. If I did I could probably come up with a longer list of grievances too. Instead, I am making a choice to focus on the blessings in my life and not just the general ones (for which I am thankful) but specifically, the things that happened throughout the day today, that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy, I'll think about these things (Phil 4:8).

Today, I got window kisses from two beautiful and healthy children, a 2 minute visit with a friend, a wonderful conversation with my Grandma and my sister Amanda.  I look forward to the birth of my niece or nephew (although I do think it is a girl).  I can't wait for the next 5 days and some time with Andrew.  I am thankful for the life Jesus gave me, and the calling he has for myself and my family.  The joy in knowing I am where he wants me to be, doing what he wants me to do.  




4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I love your shift in perspective and the counting of blessings... Tough days happen a lot, but in them all, God's presence always abounds. May the Lord's presence always envelop you, and may you feel it most especially when everything seems to be going the other way.

Unknown said...

I needed this post! Thank you!

johnpeterjohn said...

Interesting Post :) Liked it very much..
Online Reading Resources for Kids

Karen said...

Tee hee, I like how in this post your thought you were having a niece and now we know it's a nephew!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...