Monday, February 20, 2012

Guess what an iron can do?


I have just made the novel discovery that an ordinary iron can be used to laminate.  FABULOUS.  Every so often I have something I love to have laminated but I don't really want to wait to get it done (my lovely mom graciously laminates for me every once in awhile).  I hate putting time into making some for Hannah and Ethan and then watch as Ethan rips it out of Hannah's hands just in time to see it destroyed.  I have been eyeing a little laminator, but I wondered to myself if there was another way to do it.  So I googled it, and low and behold you can use a iron on the laminated pouches easily.  I bought a pack of the 8.5 x 11 pouches and gave it a try.  Common consensus suggests putting your iron on the cotton setting without steam.  Place your filled pouch in a file folder (or something similar) and iron.  The first time I did it, I wasn't sure if you should keep the iron moving or hold it still.  I found that holding it down firmly for a few seconds worked best before moving it to another spot.  I checked to make sure I didn't miss any spots and I touched up as needed.  I was worried about ruining my table to I did everything on top of a cork place mat.  I don't know if it would have made any difference but that is how I did it.  The rainbow I posted yesterday was my first job.



3 comments:

AP Mommy said...

What a great idea! I am tagging you in a blog post that should be up on Wednesday! Be sure to check in! :)

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

I will definitely have a look. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...