Friday, January 13, 2012

Moon Art

I have had this idea in the back of my mind for a long time, ever since I came across it on I Heart Crafty Things.  Creating our own moons.  Hannah had a lot of fun with this activity.  It was really easy to get together and took no time to finish.  Ethan likes to walk up to our pictures and shout "moon".

The Moon


Draw a circle on a piece of black paper with white crayon.

Mix flour and white paint together until its about the consistency of tooth paste.  Mine was a little too thick.

Hannah painted in her circle.  The strange consistency made the painting really fun. 


Using a bottle lid make some craters.  

This was harder than I excpected since the paint was so thick and sticky.
This is Hannah trying to  pry the lid off.


Hannah's moon this morning after it had dried.

Next time, I would make sure that the paint mixture was thinner.  Our moons ended up way to thick and as a result the paper curled as it dried.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...