Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cultural Exchange "Spoiler Alert"

Note:  If you are part of my cultural exchange, you should STOP reading now, otherwise it will spoil your surprise when you receive your package.  If your not, continue reading because I am super excited about this cultural exchange.  Back at the end of June, Melissa from Chasing Cheerios came up with this great idea of putting packages together about your country and exchanging them with other families who live in different countries from you.  The idea is to be able to teach your children about other countries and cultures (Speaking as a geography major, I was ecstatic).  But by the time I heard about it, she didn't need anyone else from Canada.  I thought I was out of luck. However, because she had such an overwhelming response she organized more groups for people to be apart of  all the fun.  I was super excited when I got an email confirming that I was in a group and got to work on the things I wanted to include in my packages.  Here is what I put in the packages:


My package ready to mail.

Souvenir-ish items-pencil, postcards, stickers, and a Canadian Flag.

I made passports for each child and then wrote a letter all about our family and Canada.  The fun part was writing the letter from Hannah's point of view.

Food Items:  Grocery store flyer, Canadian napkins, chocolate Toonies, maple candy and Tim Hortons Tea.

Currency Items: Stamps, play money, and some coins.

Natural Items:  Sand, Sea glass, shells, and a maple leaf.

Printables:  I created a bunch of printables.  There are coloring pages, 3part cards of  Canadian animals, recipes, crafts, and more that you can't see in the photo.  There are also coloring sheets for each province (by crayola).

Okay, its official I am now nervous.  I hope everyone who receives my packages loves them as much as I did putting them together.

Super big thanks to Tracey and my mom for printing everything for me.

If you are interested in a copy of the printables for yourself.  Email me and I can send you a copy.
kristinademoline at gmail dot com


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

"Wow..." That's all Keri and I could say as we read your blog.

Amanda said...

That is so cool! I can't wait to explore different countries with my little ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...